[Noisebridge-discuss] Notes for 11/22/11 Meeting

rachel lyra hospodar rachelyra at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 06:02:59 UTC 2011

I'm curious what conversation happened re noisetor & finances, would anyone
care to elaborate?

We were led to believe there'd be some kind of reporting.  In fact, the
project wiki page says there should be.  (Andy, the relevant portion quoted
below for your extreme convenience)

I am curious if we can get the things that are promised in that agreement?
I took this project and its fiscal sponsorship seriously when it began, and
believe in its goals, but am a little disappointed at the lack of
follow-through.  Yes, reporting is important. Please respect the agreements
we make together.

Rachel

"The Bookkeeper will be responsible for maintaining publicly accessible
records (e.g., in a Google Docs Spreadsheet, or on the Noisebridge wiki)
detailing aggregate incoming donations (e.g., "For the week of blah,
received $n"), and outgoing expenditures. The Bookkeeper will make a
good-faith effort to be available at the membership meeting to answer
questions when there is substantial activity or interest in the Noisebridge
Tor project (likely more at first and during decisions and transitions).
The Bookkeeper will be responsible for providing a financial report, which
will be made available during the weekly Noisebridge meeting. This report
will go over recent or upcoming activities and decisions, and report on
income and expenditures. At the Treasurer's discretion, the Bookkeeper may
coordinate with the Treasurer to have her include this information in her
existing Treasurer'sReport. If the Treasurer [curious if this is meant to
say bookkeeper??-rlh] is unavailable to report by proxy, another member of
the Noisebridge Tor project may serve."