[Noisebridge-discuss] PCB fab places?

Lorah Gross lorah at lorah.net
Thu Nov 24 05:57:45 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 4:57 PM, Jake <jake at spaz.org> wrote:

> You can fab boards at noisebridge.  Its not that hard, i've done it many
> times.
>
> You take some glossy paper (i used to buy cheap inkjet paper, and then i
> discovered that glossy magazine pages work just as well) and a blank
> circuitboard (we have tons of the stuff in the PCB bin on the shelf)
>
> print your board pattern (mirror image) with a LASER PRINTER onto the
> glossy paper,

[snip]

> A child could do it!

There's a great 5 minute video of this technique (as well as using the same
technique to create etched copper and brass jewelry) that's presented by an
adorable little girl (Sylvia's Super Awesome Mini Maker Show):

http://youtu.be/lxRNQbEGwm4

> Does anybody know of a good place to get a pc board fabbed? I've
> > usually used gold phoenix for projects that need multiples of the same
> > design, but this time I just need one. It doesn't need more than 2
> > layers or anything fancy, does anybody have a favorite local place for
> > this kinda thing?

People have told me that they really like Express PCB but I'm thinking that
you might have been one of those people. :)

http://www.expresspcb.com/

3 boards for $51 (I know you only need one but maybe spares might be nice
to have?)

Lorah