[Noisebridge-discuss] Moving into the 21st century w/ NB computing culture ...

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Fri Nov 25 23:46:59 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 05:16:48PM -0800, Brian Morris wrote:
> When I said "local" i didn't mean restricted to a private network, I
> meant that our machine / software would be just for Noisebridge rather
> than on some pre-existing platform with thousands or millions of
> people. If we used open source software then hackers here could alpha
> test mods and patches and submit them upstream. just like the linux
> distros do but on a more specific case.
>
> I see that NB does have outside servers, and physical reasons for that
> but I think that those are extensions of NB.  And I do not have a host
> to donate from and would not want to go that way if I did.

Hmmmm, sounds like you're talking about creating
diaspora.noisebridge.net hosted on a VM server in a datacenter
somewhere.  I'm totally down with that!

Would you be willing to drive this if there was a VM and DNS ready for
you to use?

> Half the point for me is to create some sort of community computing
> persistent project that encourages all to participate. I am so sick of
> classes.

I totally hear what you're saying about being sick of classes.  Working
on things that actually matter after the semester ends is such a totally
different experience, I can't even.

-andy