[Noisebridge-discuss] Walls - Echo control

jim jim at systemateka.com
Wed Nov 30 01:00:05 UTC 2011

    there is sound transmission through the walls--
sound vibrates sheetrock which vibrates studs which
vibrate rock on the opposite side of the wall. the
hollow cavities within have resonant characteristics
that may amplify certain frequencies. the floors
transmit sound really well, notably bass and high
frequencies.
    one good thing is mechanically to de-couple
noise- and vibration-making equipment (e.g. radial
arm saw, speaker cabinets) from walls and floors.