[Noisebridge-discuss] Walls - Echo control

Kaya firefaerie at psyreal.net
Wed Nov 30 04:45:21 UTC 2011

Design characteristics are key and a suitable material should be loose,
porous or similar as this better traps sound and is structurally able to
tolerate abuse inside the space. Styrofoam packing material because it
is dense and flat is not a suitable material.  Some but not all urethane
foams are not suitable as they breakdown quickly, have low density,
doesn't retain shape well over time or resist abuse.

Hanging rugs which have more mass are preferred over tapestries. Rugs
however have designs not ideal for wall hanging, also they maybe stained
or soiled and not suitable. Please consider this if you or someone else
wishes to donate wall rugs for wall hanging.

~K~