[Noisebridge-discuss] local artist seeks help/advice with video art installation

Iris Charabi-Berggren iris at iriscb.com
Wed Nov 30 18:52:27 UTC 2011

Dear Noisebridge community members,

I am a local visual artist and I am currently preparing for my solo show that will be up in May 2012.

I am reaching out to your community because I am entering a new territory with my artwork that requires some technical skills that are beyond my expertise. I am adding to my video installations interactive components like using sensors and computer programming to respond to audience participation and I'm seeking advice regarding my new projects.

For my solo show ‘Catch Me if You Can’ I am working on a video projection that functions like a video game. With the charm of archaic video games my interactive video installations will involve the audience participation. Using darts, the participants’ goal is to catch my masked moving characters before they dissolve on the surface of a drawing (videos are projected on screens that are custom paper drawings). My characters wear outfits with targets on them.  Under the drawing there are sensors that will trigger an audio component once they are hit with the darts.
This is a brief description and I hope that it sounds interesting enough for some of you t want to volunteer your expertise. I am currently working with an excellent bright engineer but would like to hear other proposals and ideas on how to approach the making of my new pieces. I am working with a very limited budget and am trying to be as resourceful and creative about the execution of the project.

I am really looking forward to your contributions and I am willing to meet with any of you anytime.

Meanwhile, you can watch a brief video introduction to my work on my website:
www.iriscb.com

And below are a couple of pictures of my characters for my new videos.
 Thank you in advance for reading my call for help.

-iris