[Noisebridge-discuss] Wiki broken, anyone can edit the front page

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Fri Nov 11 20:25:17 UTC 2011

Evan Bangham wrote, On 2011-11-10 23:53:
> What more do you need to know?

Crap good catch, also while we're at it the door to our space hasn't had
a lock on it for the past 2 years. Someone with authority needs to fix
that asap.

Jokes aside, we're an all inclusive and very transparent community. Our
space is open to anyone who is smart enough to ring a door bell and
isn't required to do anything else to be in the space other than being
excellent to others. Similarly our wiki is made to be edited by anyone
without the need to even register for an account (though recently we had
to turn of new page creation for anons due to spamming robots from Mars).

Anyhow, the main page on our wiki is the most important because anyone
can list classes and events they're hosting within/around the space, as
such we leave it editable by all because everyone has the right to do so
at Noisebridge (unless the class is about spiritual therapy that
involves a near-drowning rebirth ceremony called "kombucha-boarding",
totally not excellent).

If you do find technical issues with the wiki (like how it's being
extremely unresponsive this morning), please direct them to our rack
mailing list. Thanks!

--
Rubin
rubin at starset.net