[Noisebridge-discuss] FW: [hackerdojo] Re: Perl 101 class coming up at the Dojo Nov 12

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 12 07:28:33 UTC 2011

I just saw this post to the Hacker Dojo list.  It might be a good idea to cross-post about the NB Perl class to the HD list? Mitch.
 Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 23:25:37 -0800
From: mitch at CornfieldElectronics.com
To: maltman23 at hotmail.com
Subject: Fwd: [hackerdojo] Re: Perl 101 class coming up at the Dojo Nov 12

          [hackerdojo] Re: Perl 101 class coming up at the Dojo Nov
            12

          Date:
          Thu, 10 Nov 2011 19:13:04 -0800

          From:
          Bill Ward <bill at wards.net>

          hackerdojo at googlegroups.com

          To:
          Hacker Dojo Mailing List
            <hackerdojo at googlegroups.com>

    Just a reminder the class is this Saturday. There is still room if
    you are interested - send me email for more information.

    On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 12:52 PM, Bill Ward
      <bill at wards.net>
      wrote:

      I'm teaching
        a Perl 101 class on Saturday, November 12th - http://events.hackerdojo.com/event/1069001-perl-101

          As you know the Hacker Dojo rules say that any
          member can sit in at no cost on any event at the Dojo,
          but that doesn't entitle them to printed materials,
          refreshments, etc. provided by the event. If you would like to
          sit in on the event please RSVP on the above link(s) so I have
          an idea of what kind of head count to expect.

          If you are a member who would like to enroll in the class, get
          a copy of the printed materials and CDROM, certificate at the
          end, enjoy refreshments that I'm providing guilt-free, etc.,
          then please let me know. For members only, you can sign up for
          only $95 (save $200!). I don't have a signup for that price at
          bayview.com but will be happy to accept
          manual PayPal payments (send it to trainingcc at bayview.com)
          or pay with cash or check - but again, please let me know so I
          know how many people to expect. I need a few days' notice to
          make sure I have enough printed materials.

          If you're not a member, I'm afraid you'll have to pay the full
          price of $295 to attend. But I will give 10% off for anyone
          referred by a Hacker Dojo member - just check
          the group discount checkbox on the order form. http://www.bayview.com/training/enroll.cgi

          As of this time I have enough confirmed enrollees in the Perl
          101 class to confirm that it will not be canceled, but there
          is still plenty of room for more. So if you know anyone who
          needs to learn Perl please tell them about the class.

          Perl 101 was last offered on August 27, and this
          will be the second time I've taught Perl at the Dojo but I've
          been teaching these classes since 2002. Please email me if you
          have any questions. I don't yet have a date scheduled for the
          advanced class, Perl 201 (originally scheduled for Nov 12, but
          last month's Perl 101 was postponed), but if you are
          interested in an advanced Perl class or have any questions,
          please let me know.

              --

        Check out my LEGO
            blog at http://www.brickpile.com