[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge Hackers Voter Guide?

Olya K krasnykh at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 22:43:31 UTC 2011

Right. It says: "However, such organizations may present public forums, publish
voter education guides, and conduct certain other political activities that
the Internal Revenue Service classifies as "non-partisan". They may also
conduct activities "intended to encourage people to participate" in
elections, such as voter
registration<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_registration_drive>,
training programs, issue briefings, and "get out the
vote<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Get_out_the_vote>"
drives, if done without bias that would favor one or more candidates over
others, or that would oppose candidates."

So I think its ok then to discuss, take a stance, as an organization, on
certain issues, and, possibly even suggest how to vote on the prop's, but
not actually endorse candidates?

(and, on a more historic note i guess, what i was wandering was what were
the *reasons* behind adopting such legislature? to avoid what?)

Olya