[Noisebridge-discuss] parklet at noisebridge?

Snail snailtsunami at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 23:39:35 UTC 2011

I think we could compromise with the grocery store if the imagined parklet
were just pushed a little northward; only downside is that the parklet may
not be completely in front of the gate to noisebridge, if
we're accommodating their delivery trucks.

In general, one of the application steps is getting the community to sign
on (like a petition), so someone needs to get signatures or letters from
the grocery store, people who live next door in the apartment, any other
adjoined business on the street, basically anyone who might raise a
complaint during the 10-day period where we have to display the
construction warning and give people a chance to complain to the city and
slow/halt the process. -- I think if someone objected to construction AFTER
we got the permit and managed to halt the project during this period, we'd
still be out-of-pocket for those permit fees so that's our incentive.

It would be a good idea to have a blueprint or drawing in hand when getting
these folks on board so they have an idea of where it will be placed.

I feel like no one in the neighborhood would mind except maybe the grocery
store folks because of their sidewalk fruitstands and delivery trucks. :P

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 3:19 PM, Rubin Abdi <rubin at starset.net> wrote:

> Praveen Sinha wrote, On 2011-11-18 15:07:
> > Same, although I wonder if the landlord would split/pay for it since it
> > woudl jack up property value.
>
> We would also need to talk to the grocery store, since it would totally
> block their truck parking spot.
>
> --
> Rubin
> rubin at starset.net

-Snailssnailssnailssnailssnailssnailssnails