[Noisebridge-discuss] parklet at noisebridge?

Just Duncan justduncan at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 03:35:40 UTC 2011

Yup, this is going to be the biggest obstacle... and with good cause.
A whole lot to get done in two weeks for the deadline, especially with
the Thanksgiving 4-day holiday weekend coming up next week.

These call for these usually goes out ever fall.  Maybe this would
have a better shot next year, as there is a LOT of groundwork to be
laid.

I'm trying to think of one already existing on a crowded commercial
street with 2 bus lines running so close or any nearby.  The nearest
is up by Revolution on 22nd(?).

Also, after Squat & Gobble in the Castro, these spaces cannot be
exclusive to one business' frontage, but must straddle building
property lines.

The neighborhood may not quite be ready for this, with concerns about
attraction 16th & Mission further south.  Or the loss of
parking/loading zone space.

These parklets are exempt from no sit/lie (yeah!), but the one at 17th
& market has gotten to be a big space for panhandlers.  That, plus it
is NOT Noisebridge.  Submission is unlikely to support as bars get
fined if their closing crowds don't dissipate quickly at closed (ref:
Q Club).

Lastly, Starbucks tried this a few months ago and settled for 2 tables
after spending nearly $20 in trying for 3 month--/ non refundable,

This is a good idea, but really meeds to be thought though, amd may be
before its time.  But if you've got the time, drive, vision, and
money, go for it!  Just remember these are generally not reversible.

More tears are shed over anwerrd payers than unanswer one.  break a leg!