[Noisebridge-discuss] NoiseLand

Jake jake at spaz.org
Sat Nov 19 02:22:21 UTC 2011

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011, rachel lyra hospodar wrote:
> By early I would guess he is saying we should talk more about goals needs
> etc. before going shopping.

yes, let's talk about such things.  What would you like NoiseLand to be
like?  What are your goals?

I think that many of us City-dwellers would be unable to dedicate
ourselves full-time to such a project, but by banding together with a
like-minded community as we have done, we can create a resource for all of
us.

Depending on what size and kind of land we get, we could have from a
medium-sized garden to a large-scale agricultural operation.  I would like
to see something in the middle, where the land would be able to produce at
least enough food for the people living there.

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/NoiseLand
is a wiki, so people can add their own ideas to the page itself, but
really we should continue to talk about it in this thread or on a separate
Noiseland-discuss list, if one gets created.  But for now it should stay
here.

You mention that you can get cheap land if you're willing to die alone,
cold and hungry on top of a mountain, but before Noisebridge found a
rental space I did not believe that we could afford anything close to the
mission, or any BART station.  I have been proven wrong, but now I know
that we could buy an A+ parcel of land without comprimise by pooling our
resources.

I have added your list of attributes to consider to the wiki, and now i'm
adding a Proposed uses and purposes of NoiseLand.  I invite others to do
the same but they should also post such ideas to this thread, since
otherwise people may not notice who have "already read" the wiki.

1. A place for people from the Noisebridge community to go to get away
from the city
2. A place for people from the Noisebridge and NoiseLand community to live
and work
3. Gardening, Farming, Agriculture, Aquaculture, Mushroom growing
4. A base from which to hunt wild animals and pick wild mushrooms
5. Somewhere to build giant projects
6. A place to experiment with solar energy collection
7. Robot Orange Pickers
8. Drugs and wild parties in the woods
9. Naked all the time
10. All the benefits of owning a giant parcel of land but shared
responsibility and cost

I dare you to add #11

-jake
P.S. also, your dog.