[Noisebridge-discuss] NoiseDrone

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Sun Nov 20 07:10:20 UTC 2011

On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 10:17 PM, Gopiballava Flaherty <
gopiballava at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 19, 2011, at 22:05, Brink of Complexity <brink.0x3f at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > *and* encryption,
>
> Why? Wouldn't this be something streamed to the world?
>
> I'm starting to think that cellular might be the best uplink and
> command/control system. No need for the controller to be carefully staying
> within range, collaborative control options - ground controller sometimes,
> remote control from farther away if people on the ground are disrupted, etc.

Cellular is nice for a plug-and-go solution, but I wouldn't depend on it to
control any kind of craft. It's not reliable enough, and the inherent
latency makes any kind of real-time control pretty annoying.

What would you do if you had a plane over a crowd of people, and the
authorities decide to shut off all cellular service? Not a good situation.

I don't really know much about the goals or scope of this project, but I'd
recommend some kind of direct radio control. Amateur radio operators build
in all kinds of custom controllers in RC aircraft.