[Noisebridge-discuss] Paid for cleaners, have they ever come by the space?

William Sargent will.sargent at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 01:26:24 UTC 2011

On Nov 22, 2011, at 4:31 PM, Rubin Abdi wrote:

> Will Sargent wrote, On 2011-11-22 15:47:
>> This was actually extensively discussed at the meetings -- cleaning's
>> a burn out job that theoretically no-one's and everyone's
>> responsibility, and frequently falls through the cracks.  At the
>> meeting, it became clear that various people have tried being the
>> "cleaning" guy and put down that mantle after it became clear that the
>> job is sisyphean.  There are bursts of activity -- and Noisebridge is
>> very good at bursts of high productivity -- but cleaning does not have
>> "teh shiny" that attracts people's attention.
>
> Maybe continuing discussion about finding a solution to this problem
> instead of throwing money at a workaround would be smarter?
>
> As much as I've had chats with other members about how there's a general
> feel that paying for a cleaning service over driving the community to be
> better at cleaning (potentially with monthly cleaning days) sucks and
> doesn't seem like the right thing to do, it's painfully obvious I seem
> to be the only one currently who cares enough to make a stink about it
> in public discussion.
>
> If a number of members other than Will can also publicly state they feel
> this is a good burn of our general funds, I'll step away from blocking
> consensus.

Dear lord.

The cleaning only happened because a Noisebridge consensus agreed to it three months ago, and it happened in public, in full view with full participation, for $145 a month.

Meanwhile, the last fund raising party resulted in a random hacker being sent to Singapore at a cost of thousands of dollars based on several rounds of Roshambo.

If you're worried about protecting Noisebridge's money, there are better places to start.

Will.