[Noisebridge-discuss] Paid for cleaners, have they ever come by the space?

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Wed Nov 23 01:33:26 UTC 2011

William Sargent wrote, On 2011-11-22 17:26:
> Meanwhile, the last fund raising party resulted in a random hacker
> being sent to Singapore at a cost of thousands of dollars based on
> several rounds of Roshambo.

Horribly incorrect. Our 2 year party, where we did send a random hacker
to Singapore was entirely driven by a jar getting filled with cash at
the door. Noisebridge burnt no money on this venture other than the
power we used to run the projector that night. This was not a
fundraising party, particular not for the space. We did get a lot of new
face in though.

> If you're worried about protecting Noisebridge's money, there are
> better places to start.

I'm not. What I'm more concerned with is putting money to good use
that's beneficial for the community. And what better place to start than
through spending efforts via our consensus process?

--
Rubin
rubin at starset.net