[Noisebridge-discuss] Paid for cleaners, have they ever come by the space?

Christina Olson daravinne at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 03:24:13 UTC 2011

Look, people are lazy shitfucks.  If you want people to clean the
space, you're going to have to bribe them outright.

I propose a system whereby people who clean the space get rewarded
proportionally to the amount/type of cleaning they do.  The reward HAS
to be something meaningful and/or tangible, no one is going to clean
the bathroom in exchange for a Certificate of Excellence or something
because that's going to lose its shine pretty fast.  In fact, we could
have a set of reward options because not everyone will want the same
thing, and we want a wide range of people to be motivated to do the
work.

Now for the crowdsourcing:  What would YOU want in exchange for
cleaning parts of Noisebridge? What would you feel is fair for
cleaning the kitchen or bathroom? What would it take to get the floor
swept or the soldering stations tidied?  Be realistic but don't
exclude monetary compensation (I'm curious as to what percentage of
you would require cold hard cash).

I also support adding signage saying things like "This Isn't Your
Mom's Basement, Clean Up After Yourself" and "Someday We'll Have
Nanotech But Right Now You Still Have To Put Away What You Take Out"
etc.