[Noisebridge-discuss] g4 laptop looking for good home

Joshua Juran jjuran at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 03:58:31 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 7:12 PM, Larry Ogrodnek <ogrodnek at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have an old 12" G4 mac laptop (circa 2003, running OS X 10.4
> [Tiger]) that needs a good home.  It (was) a great little machine, and
> I feel like someone must have a use for it.
>
> Most mac software from the last few years will probably not run on it
> (likely to be intel only), but if you need something for just
> web/email... Or some other project in mind where you just need a
> terminal or something... maybe it will work for you.

I just need Web, email, a text editor, and various command-line tools.
 Also, the Classic environment is a plus.  :-)

> if you can use it, it's yours.

I would love to have this machine.  My clamshell iBook and MacBook Pro
were both stolen in July, and I can't hack on anything on my work
laptop.  Having my own portable machine would make it much easier to
contribute to Balzac studies.

Josh