[Noisebridge-discuss] Moving into the 21st century w/ NB computing culture ...

Brian Morris cymraegish at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 06:00:44 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 9:35 PM, Andy Isaacson <adi at hexapodia.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 07:59:41PM -0800, Brian Morris wrote:
> > Can we modernize up from this antiquated mailing list format.
> >
> > Can we use something like Ilya's software with email notifications to
> > replace noisebridge-discuss.
>
> I am fully in favor of adding more communication forums!  If you'd like
> to run a Diaspora* node for Noisebridge, we can definitely add DNS
> entries pointing to whatever host you'd like, just send the IP address
> to rack at lists.noisebridge.net and we'll get you hooked up.

I'd like a host to be physically present at Noisebridge, with ways for
hackers in the space to play with / modify / tweak the software. In the
spirit of a hackerspace community. Later on possibly expand the circles to
other hackerspaces but for alpha testing keep it local to start.

Given that I'd be willing to be involved in the setup.

> This has been on my todo list for at least 6 months, and I haven't
> gotten off my butt yet, so I hope somebody can kick down and do it. :)

Maybe several people could share the work.