[Noisebridge-discuss] Moving into the 21st century w/ NB computing culture ...

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Thu Nov 24 08:14:46 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 3:11 PM, Rubin Abdi <rubin at starset.net> wrote:

> Andy Isaacson wrote, On 2011-11-23 01:26:
> > 3. rubin is likely to poop on any server at 2169.  I mean, look at this
> > guy.  Do you really want him having access to your hardware?
> > http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=rubin110&page=3
> > (totally can't find the missile silo photo, though.)
>
> https://secure.flickr.com/photos/rubin110/3833437266/
>
> Please don't setup any more servers at Noisebridge unless they're
> fanless embedded machines that sit on your project shelf, make no noise,
> use little to no internet bandwidth and you're contributing money to the
> power bill each month.

There is also the option of hosting a VM at 2169. Ben Kochie (SuperQ) has
put a lot of great work into reducing the computing footprint at 2169 and
has re-hashed the "stallion" server to be a VM-hosting server and pony
currently resides there.

Perhaps we could setup a little VM to experiment with before having to
shell out money to a hosting provider?

Cheers,
jof