[Noisebridge-discuss] [Build] Wall idea for classroom

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Wed Nov 30 02:04:08 UTC 2011

jim wrote, On 2011-11-29 18:00:
> Just for clarity, the linux sys adm group meets on tuesdays from 3 to
> 6; there's a C and assembler on Linux study group on Tuesdays from 6
> to 7:30 or so. There's a linux user group meeting every wednesday
> from 6 to 8.

Your Linux is my Linux is our Linux.

> As to the other things you've mentioned, others also have ideas they
> want to bring to the place; like shelves on the walls and a projector
> and audio in the turing classroom--available for anybody to use, of
> course. seems right to collaborate on shared ideas, yes?

And we're doing that now. Would you get those who are also interested in
shelving up Turing speak up on the list as to why they feel this is a
good idea over keeping the room open for more people to fit in?

> We've been maintaining a two-host LAN in Turing for over a year,
> powered off almost all the time as a matter of courtesy to the NB
> electric bill. it needs a small switch on the west wall and on the
> east wall.

Thanks! Is there any way we can make it so that you guys wouldn't even
need a switch physically in the room? Or maybe a switch that disappears
along with the class? Another big problem is rouge devices that appear,
people plug into, then wonder why the hell the internet isn't working.

> (sigh) judging from the email, i'm guessing there will be at least
> one discussion item for tonight's meeting.

Good chance I wont be at the meeting tonight. :)

--
Rubin
rubin at starset.net