[Noisebridge-discuss] hi noisebridge - PLOTS and grassroots mapping

Molly Hankwitz mollyhankwitz at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 19:58:52 UTC 2011

dear noisebridge list,
sorry to bust in on this important discussion about sleeping in the space.
i'm new, but not to your list, and my partner and i keep talking about
paying dues and joining your space because of our mutual interests in media
archeaology, computers, hacker culture, etc. we talk about coming to your
space for events and never seem to quite get to it, but we are pretty
involved at ATA so, maybe this is why. anyway, allow me to introduce myself
because i am interested in anyone wanting to start a public lab for
grassroots mapping. is anyone involved already with PLOTS? Public Lab for
Open Technology and Science, or with grassroots mapping.org? my dissertation
research, now  all finished so i can proceed with enjoying what i have
learned, was on wireless cities and pervasive media. i worked on small tools
and their influence on urban space. i've been involved with reading and
learning about the grassroots mapping movement in particular, and i would be
very interested to work out some mapping with interested parties, perhaps
building weather balloon  type camera apparatus  and so forth. if you don't
know these groups, the lists are full of great people and information. i'm
just eager to begin a lab  for experimenting...but, not by myself and for
the fun of it.

molly

--
Molly Hankwitz, Ph.D.