[Noisebridge-discuss] Tech & gadgetry garage fire sale this Saturday in SF (Castro; 16th & Sanchez)

Michael Handler michael at grendel.net
Fri Oct 28 12:34:46 UTC 2011

Copied from: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/gms/2672887730.html (further
updates there, if necessary)

Where: the garage in front of 306 Sanchez St, San Francisco (Sanchez @ 16th,
on the southwest corner, next to the pilates studio)

When: Saturday, 29 October 2011, from 8 AM until ~3 PM (NO EARLY SALES)

I have too much tech junk that I am not doing anything with any more, and
I'm moving, and it needs to go. Anything I don't get rid of by the afternoon
is going over to Green Citizen in SOMA to get recycled, so I am what they
call a "motivated seller" for anything other than the stuff on the "For
sale" section.

I'm not going to explain what the stuff is over email, search on Google to
get details. I'll take cash, PayPal sent and verified on the spot, and
credit cards if you tack on 2.5% to cover the Square fee.

For sale:
* Canon MF4370dn ($125) -- black & white laser printer, scanner, fax, copier
with USB and Ethernet
* HP Digital Sender 8100C ($150) -- scan documents to PDF and other formats,
sent directly to your email via Ethernet
* VitaPur VWD796BLS standalone hot & cold water dispenser ($75)
* Optoma Ez739 DLP video projector ($75) -- bulb is near EOL
* Drobo ($100) -- first generation, USB-only
* Harmony 890 Remote ($75) -- USB programmable
* Sony Stereo Receiver STR-DE545 ($75)
* Speakers ($40)
* Tan iPad2 Smart Cover ($30)
* Airport Extreme Base Station ($75)

Worth a little, make an offer:
* Cisco AS2511-RJ terminal server -- build your own serial console!
* Audiotron network MP3 player
* 2 DirecTV HR10-250 TiVo DVRs -- severely deprecated by DirecTV, only for
experts
* FiberChannel hub
* IBM 2108-G07 FiberChannel-to-SCSI bridge
* XBox with mod-chip (cables, controllers, some games) -- used to run XBMC;
note this is the original XBox, not the XBox 360
* Specialty cables: 30+ foot DVI-D cable, 30+ foot S-Video cable, 30+ foot
VGA (DB-15) to component (3 RCA jack), 30+ foot VGA (DB-15) cable, 6 foot
VGA (DB-15) to component (3 RCA jack)
* Siemens GigaSet phone base/handset system -- base system + two handsets
* iStar HD NMT (Networked Media Tank) -- like an older stupid AppleTV that
plays videos from your computer, with a sub-par UI
* Wall-mount for projectors (with bracket for above Optoma Ez739 DLP)
* 2 official Dreamcast arcade sticks -- Soul Calibur, baby

Worth very little, pay by the pound:
* 6 DSL modems
* 1 Motorola Surfboard cable modem
* 1 Cisco ATA-186 VoIP adapter, last used with Vonage
* Video cables: many component cables (3 RCA jacks)
* Audio cables: 300+ feet of 14 gauge RCA speaker wire, clear sheath
* A couple hundred feet of RG-4 coaxial cable
* 4 adjustable speaker stands
* Ethernet switches

Please take this stuff away:
* Miscellaneous cabling: PC power cables! Extension cords! Power strips! USB
cables!
* Serial adapters
* Mac power brick two-prong adapters
* Many previous generation Mac laptop video adapters
* Dreamcast VGA adapter
* Serial switchbox
* VGA & PS/2 mouse/keyboard switchbox
* Modems, fax modems, mice
* Ethernet hubs
* Phone cables and adapters

Plus, endless more things I am forgetting right now. I'll edit this posting
as I remember more of them. Come on down, it'll be a blast. And you can go
get a sandwich from Ike's across the street afterward!

--Michael