[Noisebridge-discuss] Friends of Noisebridge photo wall and "greylisting" ideas

Dan Cote terminationshok at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 21:53:08 UTC 2011

The Friends of Noisebridge Wall is a good idea, and I would be willing to go
on it.

As far as banhammers go: In my experience, when someone necessitates
removal, it becomes obvious to a majority of the people in the space. Those
people then talk about a plan. (Ask the person to stop doing whatever is
disturbing everyone, try to help the disturbing person by talking
about their issues, ask them to take a walk, or ask them to leave.) It is
only when the person answers all attempts to communicate with threats or
nonsense that we ask them not to come back until the meeting.
I have never seen an instance where one person do-ocraticly banned another
person until the next meeting, and it would bother me if I saw that start to
happen.(we could see people escalating petty squabbles to meetings) Also,
asking people to leave goes more smoothly when you have a group.
As much as I am trying to discourage solo kicking, if someone is making you
uncomfortable, please discuss it with people right away and try to reach a
resolution.

TLDR: Get help when banning.