[Noisebridge-discuss] OccupySF: Windows 7 and/or ustream Tech Support Requested

rachel lyra hospodar rachelyra at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 07:39:10 UTC 2011

I ended up talking to MCT tonight about the power supply issue and he
mentioned this guy's virusy windows laptop to me. We had a good chuckle over
it but since I have used ustream before and am familiar with windoze I
thought i'd at least offer to look at it, since ustream is super buggy and I
suspected that was the support he needed.

The laptop was out of his control, powered up and logged in, for at least an
hour.  It seems now that some windows user preferences are changed/reset,
and his ustream account has been, errr, spoofed? Ish. Anyway he had a petty
conflict with someone at the occupation, regarding territorialism & ustream,
and it would appear that they did some malicious things to his computer. I
talked him off his ledge and he knows how/is prepared to wipe and reformat.
If anyone is interested in the details let me know.

If anyone is interested in providing support for the occupation in a less
painful way than helping a windows user who has left their computer laying
around in a public space, there are lots of ways we could help support them!
I'd love to help get NB more involved, we have done some awesome things
already. Shouts out to jake and miloh and zach and I am sure others I don't
know about.

They could use another car battery if anyone has an extra.

Fighting for real change never seemed so likely to succeed.

R.

mediumreality.com