[Noisebridge-discuss] Rob 2.0 Update

Jake jake at spaz.org
Thu Oct 20 02:45:52 UTC 2011

Are people okay with someone repeatedly making threats against
noisebridge?  I'm not.

I mentioned at the meeting (at which it was decided Rob 2.0 was unwelcome
in the space) that he had made threats, including that he would return and
take as much hardware as he felt had been taken from him, and that he
would "shut down this place".  I'm sure people have heard him make such
threats before.  And below, i've quoted Kelly on the threats he made to
her today, WHILE she was offering to be his advocate to stay in the space.

I realize that people are uncomfortable banning a person without that
person being invited to a meeting, but at this point this person has been
invited to a meeting and even invited to attend a meeting by proxy through
mitch or kelly.

Since contact has been made by one of those mediators, I believe that with
or without Rob 2.0's cooperation, we should be able to proceed with the
discussion about whether he should be banned from the space at the next
meeting.

Whether we do or not, i think we need to clarify the meaning of "Rob 2.0
is unwelcome at Noisebridge".

Also I will point out that he apparently wasted several person-hours today
alone with his bullshit, and I think our time could be better spent
hacking than on coddling an uncooperative, threatening, douchebag.

-jake