[Noisebridge-discuss] OccupySF questions

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Fri Oct 21 00:07:41 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 03:28:23PM -0700, Nadia Kay wrote:
> 1. Is there a separate NB-occupy list? If not, would that be useful?

There isn't yet, but it's easy to do.  Someone (could be you, or another
NB community member) needs to volunteer to be "list owner", and send
email to rack at lists.noisebridge.net asking for a new list to be created,
giving it a name.  "occupyNB" or "occupyinfra" [structure] or
"nb-occupy" could be good.

> 2. Have  folks seen the call for laptops needed? This would be an
> awesome way for NB to help out.

Sounds like a great project, it just needs somebody to coordinate
getting any donations into the right places.

> 3. Would people on this list (or another list, if it has been created) be
> interested in getting updates whenever I can go to the GA? All 100%
> non-sensitive info, of course. My paranoia, it runs deep.

I wouldn't want a daily occupation update on nb-discuss, that's too much
traffic for an audience of several hundred people of varying interest.
But on a specialized list, yeah.

-andy