[Noisebridge-discuss] community banks?

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Fri Oct 28 01:55:31 UTC 2011

Lee Sonko wrote, On 2011-10-27 18:44:
> I'm an SF Fire Credit Union member. I became a member when I joined NERT. I
> thought that one had to be associated with the Fire Department to join. Hmm,
> yes, that's what their website says (
> http://www.sffirecu.org/about-us/membership-eligibility). How does one join
> if they aren't a member of "the Northern California Firefighting Community
> and those who support them" ?

If you live or work in SF you can get in.

> How does one make a cash deposit to SF Fire Credit Union? I mean, they only
> have locations worldwide.

Uh, no they don't have locations world wide, but they are tied to a
bunch of other unionized banks, and their ATMs. They should have a
list/tool/map on their site of other associated unionized banks and
where to find their ATMs. The downside is it takes an extra day or two
for the deposits to go through compared to taking the cash to 1 of their
2 branch locations.

--
Rubin
rubin at starset.net