[Noisebridge-discuss] Hacker in Afghanistan

Jake jake at spaz.org
Sun Oct 30 08:10:56 UTC 2011

Will he be helping kill people out there?  I understand that the US
military has killed a lot of people in Afghanistan so far, and they have
shown no signs of ceasing to kill people.

I think killing people is very un-excellent.  I would never send sunflower
seeds to someone who was killing people, or helping to kill people.  I
would certainly want to send sunflower seeds to someone who refused to
help kill people, like Bradley Manning did.  If your friend ends up like
Bradley Manning I will certainly apologize for having prejudged him.

The US government is spending $118,600,000,000.00 on the Afghanistan war
this year, I would think there would be enough money in that to buy
sunflower seeds and gatorade packets.  If it were up to me, i would end
the war in Afghanistan and spend the money on hiring teachers and bailing
out mortgages.  I think most people agree with me, but unfortunately
politicians continue to do what they want, and (most) soldiers continue to
do what they're told.

-jake

Carl Sue theabcasian at gmail.com wrote:
Sat Oct 29 18:27:17 PDT 2011

Hey Guys, we have a fellow hacker in Afghanistan who's about to go to a
foreword operating base in two weeks. I'm guessing its pretty bad for him
out there and I hear the FOB has no showers or hot food. I thought it
would be nice to send him a care package (or a few) to let him know he has
community waiting for him to come back. If you want to participate I think
wesley is sending something or you can use his address:

LCpl Pacer, Matthew J

RCT-5 DET A UNIT 40306

FPO AP 96427-0306

his current needs include foot powder, slim jims, sunflower seeds... any
food that will last 2+ months, DRINK MIXES like those crystal light or
gatorade packets he also likes arduino and will have a soldering iron at
the FOB.