[Noisebridge-discuss] Hacker in Afghanistan

Mike Schachter mike at mindmech.com
Mon Oct 31 20:46:52 UTC 2011

Hey Jake, just to be clear, I don't have a problem with most of
what you said, but there's this other side where people have
friends and family that are in the military and are pretty invested
in keeping their morale up and ultimately in their survival.

There's nothing wrong with not wanting to contribute to the war
in any way... but it's hard to do that when people you care
about are over there. And if you look at demographics, the troops
on the ground are far from a privileged class, and deserve at
least some acknowledgement that they're there; because as
a whole, our nation is apparently not concerned enough with
the war to force an end to it. We're the problem Jake, not the
soldiers.

  mike