[Noisebridge-discuss] Hacker in Afghanistan

Rameen emprameen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 23:37:20 UTC 2011

I think the goal here should be compassion. I don't understand this war
much, but I do know it leads to suffering. If we can provide compassion for
someone in the war, maybe in turn that person can remember that compassion
and be all the more equipped to feel compassion when it's needed most.
I think in this case a deprived desperate human, joining the military
becomes a deprived desperate soldier. If there is any way to lessen this
cycle, then I think it's worth doing. We may be supporting someone who is
fighting in the war, but we don't have to support that person killing. We
can support that person trying to survive and make better of their life and
situation.

I'm not in favor of killing, or war, or corrupt political systems, or
taking down terrorism.

I am, however, in favor of sending a little humanity to the war with the
idea that it will keep people from doing more inhumane things.