[Noisebridge-discuss] People to contact if J de Salvo returns to the space

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Mon Sep 26 07:54:54 UTC 2011

Sorry for sending this out several days late. It's been a busy week and
I wanted to make sure everyone listed was ok with having their contact
info here.

About a month ago there were a number of people unhappy with the actions
of someone named "J de Salvo" at Noisebridge. There were a number of
reports and accusations regarding Jay doing unexcellent things to other
people and objects within the walls of Noisebridge. The general
community response has been that these actions taken by Jay are in fact
bad things and shouldn't happen at Noisebridge again. Additionally a
number of people have pushed to ban Jay from the space.

We had a meeting of which Jay attended and the end result was him
volunteering to remove himself from the space for a month. Since then
Jay has informed our secratary about not wanting to return to the space
after hearing about the discussions we've been having. Additionally
we've had two more meetings where more discussions arose on permanently
banning him, which have turned into finger pointing, side taking, smack
talking, witch hunting, and generally ended in everyone being grumpier
than they were when they woke up that morning.

At our previous Tuesday night meeting a number of members and
non-members of Noisebridge have decided (through do-ocracy) to do more
than just discuss and debate about banning Jay, by letting him know they
feel he isn't welcomed in the space anymore, will ask him to leave if he
comes back, and escort him out of the space. I've gone ahead and sent
Jay an email letting him know about this direction that we (those of us
on this list) are going in, letting him know he should please not
return, and that there are a number of people that will work towards
immediately removing him if he so in fact does return.

Those of us listed here are volunteering our contact information and
time on the off chance that he does makes it back in the space, AND ONLY
to be called if those already in the space have asked him to please
leave and he's failed to do so.

Names listed here are in the order they were written down. One person
wrote their contact info down and I can't read it, if you're that person
please reply back here with your contact information if you feel like it.

Jason Dusek
jason.dusek at gmail.com
+1 415 971 2107

Hiliai Selasiai