[Noisebridge-discuss] Meeting notes 2011-09-13

Michael C. Toren mct at toren.net
Thu Sep 15 00:17:24 UTC 2011

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 04:27:29PM -0700, Jake wrote:
> > I will block any movement to ban a user of Noisebridge while a
> > temporary hiatus from entering the space is on for them.
>
> I already said that if it comes down to everyone agreeing to ban Jay
> except for you, I will accept an amendment to my proposal that Jay can
> come to the space while he is escorted and monitored by you.  That way
> you will have no need to block.

Jake,

It honestly sounds to me like you're misinterpreting Rubin's position.
Re-working the consensus item so that Jay is only allowed in the space
when Rubin is present would not alleviate the concerns he raised.

It's also worth stating that Rubin is not the only member who doesn't like
the idea of consensing to ban Jay while he's on "voluntary suspension".  I
object to this idea as well.  The vibe I got from the room last night was
that a few other members present did, too.

-mct