[Noisebridge-discuss] missing IBM model M keyboard from my shelf

Gian Pablo Villamil gian.pablo at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 21:43:24 UTC 2011

My proposal?

Strict members + guests only policy, with one-night a week open night to get
to know prospective new members. If someone is cool and has interesting
projects, we let them in as "starving hackers" for little or no money.

This is how NYC Resistor was run, and it didn't get in the way of people
doing cool stuff, and practically eliminated drama and theft.

Having lost a large, expensive project-related item myself, this theft issue
is really bugging me.

The problem is that it is probably due to random people wandering in off the
street, and as word spreads that the space is wide-open and ripe for the
picking, it is attracting increasingly non-random people with the worst of
intentions.