[Noisebridge-discuss] missing IBM model M keyboard from my shelf

Al Jigen BIllings albill at openbuddha.com
Sun Sep 18 19:24:18 UTC 2011

Seeing the thread with some people mentioning leaving Noisebridge or not coming as much due to theft, I point out that it is quite unlikely that NB will become a less public space. One of Noisebridge's strengths is its overwhelming openness and core community members are unlikely to allow that to change.

Ace Monster Toys, over in Oakland, does follow the model that Gian Villamil suggested in that the space is open to members and guests day to day, open to the public during any classes or events, and we have one open night (Thursday nights) during our weekly meeting for anyone to wander in without an appointment. In more than a year of operation, we've never had anything of value (or anything at all, AFAIK) stolen. That said, we're a small (24 or so person) space and don't have the vast amount of people coming to and fro that Noisebridge has.

I thought I'd point it out so people who might be interested (especially since Noisebridge is unlikely to change how it operates itself) might come check us out if so inclined. Our website is at acemonstertoys.org.

 Al