[Noisebridge-discuss] Replicator Wednesday tonight at Noisebridge, 5pm to 9pm.

Taylor Alexander tlalexander at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 23:47:26 UTC 2011

Yeah, I had a lot of issues with RGBDemo losing track of where it was and
building another point cloud at some arbitrary orientation from the original
point cloud.

RGBD-6D-SLAM was supposed to be better, but is bet run under linux, and by
the time I got all that set up, I was kind of over my initial project.
Didn't help that I don't own a kinect so I had to go to his house to borrow
it. And then, dealing with point clouds is a pain.

When I find a *good* solution, I'll totally buy a kinect. Not interested in
it for the gaming though.

I just wish MS would release the dam source for that new demo already. As
best as I can tell, they have said NOTHING about it except what they showed
at SIGGRAPH.

Also, total aside, but have any of you guys seen what they're doing on the
Ultimaker mailing list?

Someone posted this today:
http://i.imgur.com/rmZGK.jpg

I'm not that familiar with this DIY 3D printing, but as far as I can tell
that blows most everything else current out of the water! Of course please
correct me if I'm wrong.

-Taylor