[Noisebridge-discuss] Sigh -- I'm not helping with Maker Faires this year.

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Thu Apr 5 20:56:21 UTC 2012

On 04/04/2012 06:51 PM, Matt Joyce wrote:

>> Solidly annoying Matt.
>>

> That has not been my intention here.  Sorry if I came across that way.
>
> -Matt

Hi Matt,

I did take your apology at face value but it turns out that I was
mistaken and you were in fact trolling me:

13:27 < openfly> aestetix i've figured out how to win arguments with jake
13:27 < aestetix> openfly: oh boy
13:27 < openfly> it's like this time some old guy tried to start an
argument with me on the subway
13:27 < aestetix> openfly: I want to see this :)
13:28 < openfly> you just be as NICE as possible and listen to
everything they say then politely
                 disagree.
13:28 < openfly> watch them build up their rage until they EXPLODE

It's pretty obvious that your framing of arguments is about winning and
losing, rather than say, having a dialog. That is pathetic. It is also
quite telling about your ability to explore the ethical issues involved
in the DARPA discussion.

For those reading along at home, remember:

Matt Joyce is a troll who does not actually care about almost anything
he talks about but rather only enjoys getting a rise out of others.

The supreme irony here is that I'm actually interested in exploring the
DARPA topic because it is relevant to me personally, Noisebridge as a
group, Maker faires everywhere and because Mitch has really made quite a
stand that will probably cost him dearly.

However, I'm not interested in talking about DARPA without actually
discussing the real costs involved. There is a complex discussion worth
having but it will likely happen with better people than you. I've
learned my lesson and won't forget that you're a lost cause.

All the best,
Jake