[Noisebridge-discuss] Laser engraver needs to go back in the DJ booth

Kelly hurtstotouchfire at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 19:11:47 UTC 2012

I think that this is getting to the point that we should bring it up
at a meeting and maybe consense on it.

I see no reason that the laser cutter needs to be moved back to the DJ
booth, and I think the SEM would be really awesome there. If there's
absolutely no good way to properly ventilate the laser cutter anywhere
other than the DJ booth then perhaps our hands will be tied, but I am
definitely not convinced of this right now.

Can we get some basic spec on what the laser cutter needs (and "the dj
booth" is not an acceptable answer)? Jof pointed out that minimal
vibration is desirable. Window access has also been cited. The current
location of the laser cutter has arguably the best window access of
anywhere in the space since it's right by the fire escape doors. But I
think we need a cohesive ventilation design (the dj booth also had
failings) and a good design requires spec.

So what are our spec?

-Kelly