[Noisebridge-discuss] Laser engraver needs to go back in the DJ booth

Martin Bogomolni martinbogo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 19:31:29 UTC 2012

I posted this earlier, but perhaps it bears repeating:

The Full Spectrum laser has a vent fan, which is sufficient when the
exhaust hole vent is located 4-5 feet away from the laser cutter.
If we are going to continue using the roof to vent the laser, we will
need a blower capable of ~650 cfm while maintaining 4 inches of static
pressure.   It's a fairly high-flow blower, but inexpensively sourced
in a number of places.

(e.g. http://www.globalindustrial.com/g/hvac/exhaust-fans/in-line-duct-fans/in-line-range-hood-exhaust-fans
)

If we move the laser to the table next to the window, and find a way
to build a vent on a window (4-5 feet away) we could just continue
using the built-in fan.

-M