[Noisebridge-discuss] Front gate is broken

Alan Rockefeller alanrockefeller at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 23:16:47 UTC 2012

> the blue cable which connects the payphone was cut along with a bunch of
> other wires by oogles upset at being kicked out of the space.
> unfortunately there is no video of them.

The same person who cut the wire probably also kicked or bodyslammed the
gate, breaking the latch.  It Tuesday afternoon; several people said that
they didn't need a key to get in since then.

I didn't notice anyone that was particularly pissed off yesterday, but it
is likely that Robert encouraged a sketchy person to leave and they weren't
happy about that.

> This sounds like it might involve the landlord?

Yes.

>  Alan are you there?

No.

> i think we should also fix the folks who cut all our cables

> with wire strippers and a hot soldering iron.

Since we let the general public in and don't have rules, some people feel
an extreme sense of entitlement to be there all the time and do whatever
they would do at home.  They become irate when we imply that they should be
working on something if they are going to hang out all day for an entire
week.  They always get the message and go away, but we have this same
situation with three or four new people every week.