[Noisebridge-discuss] /RTFM/

Kelly hurtstotouchfire at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 07:38:07 UTC 2012

I am still pretty solidly against the idea of people storing personal
supplies/gear in common areas. I think the member shelves are
sufficient in almost all cases. If it doesn't fit on a member shelf,
you should probably donate it. I think that common areas are fine for
large hacks in progress, but labeling is not sufficient. The label
should include contact info so that if you abandon it we're not stuck
respecting your personal items for weeks before we figure that out.

I am not surprised that consumable things are taken from the member
shelves, given the steady contingent of sketchy people in the space.
It always bums me out when I hear about more substantial thefts, but
I've never had anything taken from my shelf, so I still keep things
there. I don't really keep readily hackable or sellable stuff though.

I think that having locked bins of any sort is a clear invitation, and
I certainly wouldn't feel my stuff was safer behind a lock. I do think
that locker doors might be useful. They are noisy to open at least.

-K