[Noisebridge-discuss] Sigh -- I'm not helping with Maker Faires this year.

rachel lyra hospodar rachelyra at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 05:37:48 UTC 2012

I have always contributed to Maker Faire for free, as a labor of love to
the community that Dale and Sherry were clearly working so hard to
build. I am friendly with both of them and do intend to speak with them
about my feelings on this matter.

I value my time very highly and am careful about what projects I choose
to work on.  I have many avenues through which I can reach out to teach
the skills that I have.  I am very careful about what I volunteer for,
and working for free on projects that have sketchy morals is kind of on
my black list.

I think I'll teach classes out of my storefront.  It'll be interesting
to see who I reach by working in North Oakland instead of San Mateo.

>deny you a voice

choosing how, where, and when to use your voice is part of using it.