[Noisebridge-discuss] Does NB want a combo washer dryer?

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Wed Apr 4 05:11:11 UTC 2012

Scotty Allen wrote, On 2012-04-03 21:48:
> Sorry Rubin - I'm struggling to understand how someone who comes to
> noisebridge to cook mac and cheese, wash clothes, hang out and surf
> facebook on the public terminal, and sit on the couch and play
> nintendo, with no other interest or interaction with the space, is
> something that's beneficial to the space and worth encouraging.

Then why don't you go ask them how they're beneficial and worth
encouraging instead of sitting here and struggling to understand? See
what the fuck they're into? Maybe they're not into the same notion of
hacking as you are? Maybe they don't get that their inability to use the
space as you see fit is making you unhappy? Maybe they just need someone
to show them your particular brand of hacker white light.

If you can't even do that then they're not a problem of mine or the
space. People need to stop looking for a greater power to fix their
little Noisebridge annoyances.

They also need to stop this, "Well if Noisebridge tries this new thing
we haven't tried before, it might possibly maybe (but really no proof
that it actually will yet) provide more annoyances to myself and others
that we're currently unwilling to deal with on our own."

Engage and understand things you don't have a fully understanding of yet
that turns into personal annoyance, instead of hiding behind the veil of
this mailing list and our general meeting, hoping that others will fix
things you don't like.

--
Rubin
rubin at starset.net