[Noisebridge-discuss] Sigh -- I'm not helping with Maker Faires this year.

John Ellis neurofog at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 05:16:59 UTC 2012

Zephyr,

I realize this whole thread has turned into drama. I do not agree with the
whole anti-DARPA position, but I have to say that Mitch deserves respect
for actually having an original position on an issue and clearly and
publicly stating it.

There is a large amount of the technology we use today was developed or
derived from DARPA grants. This is surprisingly common in
the emergency medicine / trauma field, where DARPA funds provide for
advanced research.

Regards,
John