[Noisebridge-discuss] Receipts for dues payments?

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 03:54:57 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 7:44 PM, Caitlyn Meeks-Ferragallo
<caitlyn at flutterverse.com> wrote:
> Just found out after paying like 4 months dues that nobody ever recorded
> them arriving ('til I had to produce paypal receipts to prove it).
>
> Makes me a little worried, I don't want my dues goin' down the mysterious
> black doo hole.
>
> How about we generate receipts or something once dues are collected and
> recorded.

We can make receipts for you!
But in the case you don't have them made, the derpanet made one...

the nb wiki has notes recording consensus on members
https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Meeting_Notes_2012_01_24

the list archive format has your introduction (an awesome introduction)
https://www.noisebridge.net/pipermail/noisebridge-discuss/2012-February/027943.html

Paypal has IPN's (instant payment notifications) that record enough
info to backtrack and fix any mistakes!
If you were paying for the last 4 months maybe you signed up as a
noisebridge donor through paypal and need to just get the connected to
the membership payments address instead of the donation address...

Paypal donations url
https://www.paypal.com/subscriptions/business=treasurer@noisebridge.net&item_name=Noisebridge%20Monthly%20Donation%20%28Affiliate%29&cy_code=USD&a3=80&p3=1&t3=M&src=1

Paypal member dues url:

--I don't think these URLS are intrinsically readable by all, but
parse out the the item_name field.  Perhaps changing the name to
'noisebridge_donor' & 'noisebridge_standard_dues' could make this more
parse-able, but I defer to more experienced advisers about the
intricacies of PayPal.

I'm sorry that we all encounter problems donating to nb and paying
dues, of course everyone wants to make it easier for people to help
out with the ongoing expenses of nb!

This place is bootstrapped by you: I'm repeating my spiel from the
meetings, but you donors and members are the ones making this
Noisebridge project happen.

This couldn't happen without plenty of donors *and* people dedicated
to take a turn steering the ship as members. Noisebridge has not
received grant funding from other orga, and only occasionally receives
large (~1k level) individual donations and matching funds donations
from community members who work at companies with 501c3 matching funds
programs.

-Ronald Miloh Alexander