[Noisebridge-discuss] Receipts for dues payments?

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Fri Apr 6 04:57:03 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 7:44 PM, Caitlyn Meeks-Ferragallo <
caitlyn at flutterverse.com> wrote:

> Just found out after paying like 4 months dues that nobody ever recorded
> them arriving ('til I had to produce paypal receipts to prove it).

Just to reassure you, there was always a record. Kelly sent you a reminder
because she was searching on the wrong term and she's currently in the
middle of chasing up some of our late dues, I emailed her to tell her
almost immediately pointing out your receipts, she replied to me, but --
I'm guessing here -- replied to me rather than you, because she thought I'd
cc:'d you on the original mail. I thought she'd mailed you already, but
when you replied asking whether it was all okay, I emailed back straight
away reassuring you.

You didn't need to produce paypal receipts, though it was nice of you to do
so. I don't know why you thought they were needed as proof.

Makes me a little worried, I don't want my dues goin' down the mysterious
> black doo hole.
>
> How about we generate receipts or something once dues are collected and
> recorded.

There's been an open and repeated request at meeting to help out with
treasury duties. Claudia and Kelly have been doing a pretty good job
resolving who and who isn't up on dues, but it's a painful process because
our current accounting software isn't really geared to it. Email
treasurer at noisebridge.net to offer to help.

d.