[Noisebridge-discuss] Book donations?

jim jim at well.com
Fri Apr 6 16:12:19 UTC 2012

    I'll be glad to see what books you donate.
    I hope you'll be careful in considering what
old books to weed out: In general, older books
on technologies fit in two classes:
* old me-too books that walk readers through how
  to use some technology. A few of these are worth
  while because they're well-written. An especially
  good example is Van Wolverton's Running MS-DOS,
  which exemplifies good technical documentation and
  is still valid for those who want to learn the
  Windows command line or MS-DOS implementations of
  such things as CNC milling and some embedded systems.
* old books that present fundamentals of technology
  that are not available in new books. K and R ANSI C.
  C Puzzle Book, anything by Edgar Codd or C. J. Date....
  Also consider the publisher: Prentice-Hall and Addison
  Wesley are two big publishers with notably high
  quality titles. There are a few small publishers
  that have released seminal books.