[Noisebridge-discuss] Book donations?

Neil Kandalgaonkar neilk at brevity.org
Fri Apr 6 07:54:31 UTC 2012

I am getting transitioning to a mostly-digital library. My paper books
need a home.

I'm eliminating the weaker or older books. The following books all have
a lot of timeless wisdom, or are recent and interesting.

Is it ok to just drop them in the library area of NB, or are there
already too many?

Alternatively, I can donate them to a single individual on this list.

Programming Erlang	Armstrong	new
Mastering Regular Expressions	Jeffrey Friedl	timeless
Mythical Man Month 20th Anniversary edition	Fred Brooks	timeless
PeopleWare	Tom DeMarco	old/classic
Structure & Interpretation of Computer Programs	Abelson & Sussman	timeless
The Practice of Programming	Kernighan & Pike	newish/classic
Coders at Work	Peter Seibel	new/timeless
Common as Air	Lewis Hyde	new/classic
Higher Order Perl	Mark-Jason Dominus	old/classic
Oracle Design	David Ensor & Ian Stevenson	old
Real World Haskell	O'Sullivan, Goerzen & Stewart	new
The Art of Capacity Planning	John Allspaw	new
The C Programming Language	Kernighan & Ritchie	timeless
The Official OpenGL Library	OpenGL ARB	old/classic
The Wealth of Networks	Jochai Benkler	new/classic
Unix Systems Programing for SVR4	David A. Curry	old
Working Effectively With Legacy Code	Feathers	newish/classic

--
Neil Kandalgaonkar <neilk at brevity.org>