[Noisebridge-discuss] LED Chaser help

Phil Spitler phil at bonfirelabs.com
Sat Aug 11 18:24:59 UTC 2012

Hi,
I am looking for a cost effective way to create a bunch of LED chaser lights.

Basically I want to make 20 individual LED chasers, each 3 feet long.

Originally I was going to use some LPD8806 adressable LED strips with an Arduino to control them but this seems like total overkill for what I an need.

I actually only need white LEDs so no need for RGB strips plus having an Arduino to control each one really bumps up the cost.

I have found a bunch of circuits online to build simple chasers but I am up really up against the clock and am looking for an off the shelf way to make this work.

Any ideas on a simple way to make these LED chasers?

Thanks.

PHil