[Noisebridge-discuss] Thank you, Noisebridge, for helping me with my glasses!

Hao hao at dorabot.com
Wed Aug 15 22:18:15 UTC 2012

I lost my glasses in Pacific Ocean during Toorcamp, which kind of sucks
since I can't really work on the robot without glasses. However, nice
hackers in Noisebridge have trying to help me since I lost my glasses:

Jake have made a lot phone calls after all these bus driving, try to find
me a new pair of glasses for free. He also try to make me a pair of glasses
by hand, and the prototype actually works pretty well! Thanks Jake!

Ben took me to his friend Ellie, who's an Optometrist, and gives me a free
eye exam a postcription, and a glass frame this morning.

After that, we went to a place called payless optics, where they offer a
pair of lenses at a price of $89, but will only be available tomorrow after
4:00 pm. When I was thinking about if I should do this and waiting for
another day, Ben handed me $100 and says this is what noisebridge offered
to help me get a better pair of glasses. I am surprised and so grateful!

Thank you Ben! Thank you Miloh! Thank you Leif! Sorry I don't know
everybody's name here, but I'll Thank Noisebridge for that! Thank you,
Noisebridge!

Since I need start working immediately to catch up with the discovery
science tv filming about McHawking next Tuesday, I am getting a new pair of
glasses in LensCrafters before 4:00 pm today! LensCrafter charge $195 for
the cheapest pair of glasses, and Ben actually gives me another $40 for
that.

So yes, thank you Noisebridge, with your help, I can start working again
immediately, and McHawking can start grabbing and holding soda while moving
around within days!

--To Noisebridge!
--Hao

--
DORA = DORA Opensource Robotic Assistant
dorabot.com