[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge and fiscal sponsorship

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Wed Aug 1 06:19:37 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 7:58 PM, Praveen Sinha <dmhomee at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Noisebridge!
>
> I have an item up for potential consensus, and wanted to get people's
> initial feedback on it.   As some of you may know, I've been busy this year
> starting up a makerspace   http://oaklandmakerspace.wordpress.com/  in the
> east bay that is focused on bridging some gaps in STEM+AE (science,
> technology, eng, math, arts, entrepreneurship).   We have a space, and we
> are about to engage in kickstarter/indie go go fundraising.

Hey Praveen and oakland makerspacers!

We talked at this at meeting, and felt that we couldn't really work it
up into a consensus item until our treasurer has had a chance to talk
to you/us/our accountant/the world about this.  Kelly's having a break
after her finals, but I'm sure she'll ping you when she's back.

As a start though, I think I can channel the Treasurer when I say that
the first couple of criteria for considering this is a single point of
contact for all reporting processes, and a way of working it so that
it causes the absolute minimum of extra work for the already
overworked role of treasurer...

Otherwise though there was a lot of support for reaching out and
helping you guys, and we'd like to help out. We're just not
necessarily the speediest of organizations :)

d.